Report on Hemalkasa

*** This blog has been migrated to Bharari.net ***
*** The article you are looking for can be found here ***



Baba Amte

"After my tour in the tribal belt of the Madias, I feel the intensity of injustice right down to my toe-nails." - Baba Amte

Prologue

I read somewhere: "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting."

I've an obsession for seeing beautiful and unusual places.  Hence my trip to Hemalkasa.

Many thought I had lost my mind to go to the Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra - an economically backward and under-developed region plagued by Naxalite (Maoist) violence.  The same people don't have a good opinion on the other activity that I frequently engage in either - mountain climbing.  As far as they are concerned, it is a useless and risky activity.  However, just like mountain climbing, they have no idea how rewarding this journey was for me and I hope that this article helps them to understand.

...


Click here to continue reading this article.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Very nice report on Hemal kasa. I am interesed visiting these places. Is it possible to provide the contact info for Mr. Swpnil who arranges these tours?

- Swati

Neeraj | www.bharari.net said...

Swati, drop me an e-mail and I will reply with Swapnil's phone number. I don't want to put it on the web.

Anonymous said...

Neeraj, I am also fascinated by the work done at Hemalkasa.
I read books and have seen no. of times on TV about this. But really want to see actually and would like to work for for the same as much as i can. Me too would like to talk to Mr. Swapnil? Can you give me the number?